By Onome Oghenetega
The Delta State Governorship Campaign Council of the New Nigeria People’s Party (NNPP) has denounced a letter purportedly asking Governor Ifeanyi Okowa to pay its governorship candidate, Dr. Goodnews Agbi, to support and collapse the party’s structure for the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Sheriff Oborevwori ahead of the 2023 governorship election in the state.
The said letter which was alleged to have been authored by the NNPP governorship candidate, Dr. Agbi, has since gone viral on social media.
But reacting to the viral letter, the campaign head of media, Comrade Joseph Edegware, described the letter as fake and could not emanated from its governorship candidate who has the best programmes to liberate the state from the traditional politicians.
The statement accused the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Deputy President of the Senate, Senator Ovie Omo-Agege, of being behind the viral letter, which, the party had no knowledge of.
Read Full Statement Below:
Our Attention has been drawn to a Fake document being circulated by Omo-Agege and his crew.
We have decided to ignore it as a document of dubious origin that never originated from our principal but on a second thought to respond to clear the air.
• We categorically state that this document is the handiwork of Omo-Agege and his crew.
• Our principal is too refined, too enlightened, too educated and too credible as to discuss such weighty matter with a Senior Special Assistant and incredibly, to reduce such a discussion to writing when he has access to the governor, to Omo-Agege and to any senior politician in the State.
• This type of cheap political blackmail is too pedestrian for somebody of Omo-Agege’s caliber, though we are of his serial deceptions and betrayals of friends and political acquaintances for his selfish interest.
• Our Principal, a renowned Engineer, a fellow of the Engineering professions, a fellow of African Business School, a Catholic Knight of Saint John International, the Okpolokpo 1(lion) of Iyede Kingdom, the Okpobrisi ( great & terrifying tree) of Oyede Kingdom and an academic of great repute can not and will not condescend to that level Omo-Agege is struggling to portray him.
• What our principal is asking of Omo-Agege is to explain to Isoko people what happened to the one billion ( N1,000,000,000) Naira he Appropriated for rehabilitations of Primary and Secondary Schools In Isoko North and South from Niger Delta River Basin Authority. The four hundred thousand ( N400,000) for twenty people per ward in Isoko North and South. He should tell Isoko people why he has not paid the five legislative assistants SLA’s and they can not assess him till today.
• The pipeline surveillance contract, the Isoko people want to know why you are dispensing peanuts to them from your Orogun when each ethnic nationality has their own coordinator/contractor IJAW has, ITSEKIRi has, URHOBO has, NDUKWA has. In your campaign Council, no Isoko man is a Director. What has Isoko People done to you.?
We want to know. Deltans cannot make the remotest mistake to vote a serial deceiver, serial betrayer, a man who has no single truth in his DNA.
Comrade Joseph Edegware
For media team