By Onome Oghenetega
No fewer than five buildings have been reportedly razed down by early morning fire at the popular Effurun Mammy Market in the Uvwie Local Government Area of Delta State.
WARRI TODAY learnt that the fire started at about 9am on Thursday morning from one of the makeshift buildings in the area.
Largely affected by the inferno is the Mammy Market 1 which is located along the popular NPA Warri Expressway near the 3 Battalion Effurun.
It was not immediately clear what led to the fire outbreak, but our sources suspect it could have as a result of electric spark.
- Subsidy Removal: Tinubu’s Govt Reacts To Queues, Panic-Buying Across Nigeria
- Read Full Text Of Governor Sheriff Oborevwori’s Inaugural Speech
- My Plans For Delta State – Governor Oborevwori
- AIT Owner, Raymond Dokpesi, Is Dead
- Okumagba Congratulates President Tinubu, Says “It Is The Dawn Of A New Era” For Nigeria
No human casualty was recorded at the time of filing this report.
Among the buildings said to have affected are blocks and makeshift buildings in the area.
Witnesses said properties worth several millions of naira were lost to the inferno which is currently been put by fire fighters and local efforts.
Leave a Reply